Life With Subaru
Learn more about everything the Subaru brand has to offer, from its impressive fleet of rugged yet sophisticated cars to its accolades, ownership benefits, and more! Uncover Subaru's unique history that has continued to push past the competition in standard features and raw power.
Explore Subaru's diverse lineup of coupes, sedans, wagons, and SUVs ready on a moment's notice. Starting with the nimble and exciting Subaru BRZ sports coupe and Subaru WRX sports car, both engineered to outperform the competition with potent power and enhanced driving dynamics. If you're on the market for even more creature comforts and premium space, the Subaru Legacy is a sedan built to impress. Looking for a car just as versatile and spacious as it is powerful and capable, look no further than the Subaru Impreza and Subaru Crosstrek sports wagons. For even bolder power and versatility, the Subaru Forester is a compact SUV ready to take on any terrain with ease.
Browse our new, used, and certified pre-owned Subaru inventory. Also, make sure to check out all our latest new Subaru offers and pre-owned specials. Once you've found the Subaru that best fits your lifestyle and budget, stop by Janesville Subaru for a test drive today. For more information on financing, contact our finance center for help finding the right car loan or lease solution for the vehicle you want to drive home.
Subaru Ownership Benefits
Learn more about all the fantastic ownership benefits every Subaru has to offer, from their ability to hold their value better than any other brand to having the lowest 5-Year Cost to Own of all brands for two years running. When you choose Subaru, you're also becoming a part of The Subaru Love Promise. A vision to show love and respect to all people at every interaction with Subaru, an effort to try and make the world a better place. The Subaru Love Promise works with a collection of organizations including:
- National Park Foundation
- Ten years Meals on Wheels Share the Love® Events
- 50 million meals to Feeding America®
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Over 277,600 science books donated
- Make-A-Wish® America and Alzheimer's Association
- Carter's Replanting Program
Subaru is the Most Trusted Brand for seven years running, according to Kelley Blue Book. J.D. Power has also acknowledged Subaru as the #1 Brand Loyalty in the automotive industry for two years in a row. Additional Subaru accolades and awards include:
- Subaru is ranked #1 in Vehicle Safety, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index
- Subaru is a five-time Best Performance Brand winner, according to Kelley Blue Book
- All Subaru models with EyeSight receive the highest possible rating for front crash prevention from IIHS
- The Subaru Outback has the Best Resale Value in its class for two years running, according to Kelley Blue Book
- ACSI's #1 in quality and #1 in dependability in the automotive industry
- Subaru Forester is a Kelley Blue Book "Best Resale Value", Parent's Magazine "2021 Best Family Car", and a IIHS Top Safety Pick+
Subaru offers a wide range of customizable and versatile vehicles that help you unlock an impressive amount of storage and passenger space. Whether you're looking for premium space, lush materials, or next-level creature comforts, Subaru is sure to offer a solution to help you get the most out of every drive. Subaru space, design, and amenity highlights include:
- Outback Cargo volume up to 75.7 cubic feet
- Crosstrek offers 121.6 cubic feet of interior volume and 60/40-split flat-folding
- Available Genuine Nappa Leather
- SUBARU STARLINK® Multimedia with 11.6-inch Touchscreen
- Available Harman Kardon® Premium Audio
- Outback has 8.7 inches of ground clearance
The Subaru brand has been an outdoor champion for nearly 70 years, offering top-notch all-terrain performances standard for most of its history. From Subaru's early beginnings in the 1950s when Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd's automotive division came to be known as "Subaru" to the modern marvels of today, Subaru has continued to innovate and exceed all expectations on and off-road. Learn more about Subaru's impressive history of innovation and success:
- In the early 1950s, a collection of Japanese companies joined to form Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. In 1954 the first Subaru P-1 car was unveiled
- In 1958 the 360 was introduced and nicknamed the Ladybird due to its design
- In the 960s Subaru launched its first truck, the Sambar minitruck
- In 1966 Subaru launched the 1000 car with a front-wheel-drive system
- In the 1970s Subaru introduced the GL/DL with four-wheel-drive (4WD) capability
- In 1977 Subaru released the Brat small pickup
- In the 1980s Subaru developed the world's first electronically controlled continuously variable transmission
- Late 1980s Subaru released the Legacy sedan
- In the 1990s Subaru won the World Rally Championship three years in a row
- Late 1990s Subaru released the Legacy-based Outback wagon and sporty Impreza wagon
- In the 1990s General Motors acquired a 20 percent stake in parent company Fuji Heavy Industries
- Today Subaru is ranked #1 in Vehicle Safety, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index and boast one of the Best Resale Values of any car brand
Subaru Legacy Comparison 2022 Subaru Legacy vs the 2022 Toyota Camry
2022 Subaru Legacy
Passenger Volume: 105.5 cu-ft
Front Headroom: 39.4"
2022 Toyota Camry
Passenger Volume: 100.4 cu-ft
Rear Legroom: 38.3"
Take on any season, terrain, or road trip with confidence in the all-new 2022 Subaru Legacy. Enjoy all the perks standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive brings to the table every time you get behind the wheel. Why settle for the less capable and less exciting Toyota Camry? Unlock all the thrills the available 260 horsepower and up to 277 pound-feet of torque has to offer.
Subaru Impreza Comparison 2022 Subaru Impreza vs the 2022 Honda Civic
2022 Subaru Impreza
Torque: 145 lb-ft
Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
2022 Honda Civic
Torque: 138 lb-ft
If you’re looking for a season engineered to take on all seasons and terrains with confidence, look no further than the new 2022 Subaru Impreza. Unlock the new Subaru Impreza’s performance-ready build, equipped with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive standard, better ground clearance, and more standard torque than the new 2022 Honda Civic. As for advanced safety features, the new Impreza offers a slew of competition-crushing features like standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, All-Around Awareness, a Blind-Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and more!
Subaru Outback Comparison 2022 Subaru Outback vs the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
2022 Subaru Outback
Fuel Economy: 26 city / 33 highway mpg
Passenger Volume: 109 cu-ft
Rear Legroom: 39.5"
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Fuel Economy: 20 city / 22 highway mpg
Passenger Volume: 99 cu-ft
Rear Legroom: 35.7"
If you’re looking for premium space, versatility, and amenities, look no further than the new 2022 Subaru Outback. Featuring more flexible passenger and cargo space than the new Ford Bronco Sport. Plus, enjoy an array of impressive premium features including an available Harman Kardon® Premium Audio, standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, and more. That’s not all, the new Subaru Outback also gives you standard all-wheel drive and superior fuel economy!
Subaru Forester Comparison 2022 Subaru Forester vs the 2022 Jeep Cherokee
2022 Subaru Forester
Standard Drivetrain: Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
Fuel Economy: 26 city / 33 highway mpg
Interior Cargo Volume: 31.1 cu-ft
2022 Jeep Cherokee
Standard Drivetrain: Rear-Wheel Drive
Fuel Economy: 19 city / 26 highway mpg
Interior Cargo Volume: 17.2 cu-ft
Don’t pay more for less, experience a first-class on and off-road performance in the new 2022 Subaru Forester. Compared to the new 2022 Jeep Cherokee, the Subaru Forester comes equipped with Subaru’s famous and reliable Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as well as the competitively superior 26 city and 33 highway mpg. In addition to that, you’re also able to get up to 9.2 inches Inches of Ground Clearance and X-MODE® to further enhance every adventure.
Subaru Ascent Comparison 2022 Subaru Ascent vs the 2022 Toyota Highlander
2022 Subaru Ascent
Ground Clearance: 8.7 inches
Drivetrain:Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
Max Cargo: 86.5 cu-ft
2022 Jeep Cherokee
Ground Clearance: 7.3 inches
Drivetrain: Front-Wheel Drive
Max Cargo: 83.9 cu-ft
Get the space and capabilities your next adventure demands in the new 2022 Subaru Ascent. Why pay $3,000 more and miss out on the same level of off-road capabilities waiting for you in the affordable new 2022 Subaru Ascent? Enjoy the more impressive 8.7 inches of ground clearance and standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive in the new 2022 Subaru Ascent today.
When was Subaru founded?
July 15, 1953 when Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd’s automotive division came to be known as "Subaru".
What does the word Subaru mean?
The term Subaru is a Japanese word meaning "unite."
Does Toyota Own Subaru?
Since February 2020, Subaru has been a part of the Toyota Group, which owns 20% of the company and is the largest single shareholder.
What safety features does Subaru offer?
Subaru offers numerous impressive safety features, including standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, Subaru DriverFocus® Distraction Mitigation System, All-Around Awareness Technology, and much more.
Does Subaru offer all-wheel drive?
Yes, every new Subaru comes equipped with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive.
Can I get Apple CarPlay® in my Subaru?
Yes, Subaru models come equipped with SUBARU STARLINK® Multimedia that offers Apple CarPlay® and Android™ Auto Integration.
How expensive is the 2021 Subaru Outback?
The new Subaru Outback starts at just $26,795.
What type of engine does the 2021 Subaru Outback have?
The new Subaru Outback comes equipped with a potent 2.5-liter H-4 engine.
How many passengers can the 2021 Subaru Outback fit?
The new Subaru Outback has seating for up to five passengers.
How big is the 2021 Subaru Forester?
The new 2021 Subaru Forester’s dimensions are: 182.1 " L x 71.5 " W x 67.5 " H.
How spacious is the new 2021 Subaru Forester?
The new 2021 Subaru Forester has room for up to five passengers and a combined 111.9 cubic feet of passenger volume.